Sunday, June 13, 2010

SuperKids

This is one of Max's newest expressions. The other night, Zahra started running around the living room and kitchen, holding her "cape" with her hands. When she would refer to Max, she would say, "This is my sidekick." (I don't know where she came up with that term, but it was pretty cute.) So I asked her if she wanted me to use a safety pin to fasten the ends of her cape together so she wouldn't have to hold it while she ran around. She thought that was a brilliant idea in almost every respect, except for the possibility of getting stuck with the sharp end of the pin. I managed to pin her cape together painlessly. Then she said, "My sidekick needs a cape, too." I thought a dish towel would be the appropriate size for her sidekick. Then I got them to pose for the picture above. I think it's funny that the two of them happened to be wearing shirts that had the following phrases on them: (Max) "I STILL LIVE WITH MY PARENTS" and (Zahra) "MAKING MISCHIEF" (with a picture of the character Max from the children's book "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak).
Beware of the Ghost of Zahra

Max in action

Fast Zahra

... and even Superhero kids get tired sometimes.




No comments:

Post a Comment