Monday, September 27, 2010

A Work of Art

I was sitting on the couch Friday afternoon, looking through the papers that had come home in Zahra's Friday Folder. There were some messy math assignments, flyers for various events, and this little gem.

Zahra was playing quietly with toys at the dining table. I thought this drawing was amazing.

"Hey, Zahra! This is awesome!" I yelled as I held up the picture. She came over to explain. All by itself, I thought it was impressive. Then Zahra told me that it was a picture of her Daddy. I realized immediately that those black lines sticking out of his head were supposed to be his dreadlocks. When I heard it was supposed to represent her dad, I thought the picture was even better. She said something about him picking up books (represented by the squares with the lines in them?) and her wanting a puppy (a few litters at the bottom?).

Anyway, I thought I'd share since I think this drawing is really cool. I'm going to look for a frame so we can make it more permanent than hanging on the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness--I see a happy daddy and lots of love in this picture! Could you talk her into a cat? They are a lot easier to take care of! Auntie Sis

    ReplyDelete