Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pool Time

A few weeks ago, we took the kids to go swimming in the pool. We went to my mother-in-law's friend Mildred's pool. (How nice of her to have us over!) It was a pretty hot day and it was nice to be able to dip in the pool to cool off. I didn't realize it until we got out, but we stayed in there for over an hour. Mostly I took turns taking the kids out in the water. Zahra would sit on the steps while I'd take Max out and Max would sit in someone's lap while I took Zahra out.

We tried to practice some of the techniques Zahra had been learning at swim lessons, but she seemed more interested in playing and having fun, rather than learning how to be a good swimmer. This day was in between the two swim sessions. She seemed to show a lot of improvement over the four weeks we spent going to lessons with her.
Max's first time in a pool! Six months old here. The water was cold at first, until your body got used to it. So at first, I think Max was pretty mad that I put him in the pool. He looked like he was going to fuss the whole time and I was going to have to take him out, but then he seemed to enjoy it. He especially liked when I would lift him up and down and dip him in and out of the water. He started giggling and having a lot of fun.

(Thanks to Rachel Hart for Jordan's old swim trunks. They fit little Max's chubby baby body perfectly. And thankfully, they make swim diapers now so you don't have to worry about the little babies messing up the pool or the ocean or wherever you go swimming!)
It was kind of fun to take the kids out at the same time, too. I think Max especially liked "riding" around with Zahra. If I had to guess, I'd say that Zahra preferred the one-on-one attention when I would take her out on her own. She also liked holding on to the edge of the pool and scooting all the way around, even where it was deep. I went with her so in case she lost her grip, I would be there to catch her. But she didn't. She was very good at holding on and moving along, little by little.
Little Man Max and his mama. Bye!





No comments:

Post a Comment