Thursday, August 6, 2009

Zahra's First Haircut

So today, for the very first time in five years, Zahra got a haircut. Our friend Mary came over to the apartment. Although she works for an insurance company now, she went to cosmetology school a few years ago and used to work at a salon. Back when Zahra was a little baby and Mary was still in school, she asked if she could give Zahra her first haircut. I promised her then that she would be the first one to give our little girl a haircut. So I kept the promise and asked her to give Zahra a trim. I like having Mary do our hair becuase I've known her for so many years now and it was neat to have someone like her give Zahra the first cut, instead of taking her to some anonymous hair cut place for kids. At first, after Zahra had taken a bath and I had washed and combed her hair, she seemed like she wasn't at all interested in getting her hair cut. I thought she might put up a fight, but when it came down to it, she was fine.

She did keep asking, "Are we done yet? Can I go?" even though the whole process took less than ten minutes. We cut about three or four inches off. It looks so much longer when it's pulled down straight. When it dried and the curls bounced up, it all looked much shorter. It reminded me of about two years ago when she was 3 years old. We saved some of the locks since it was her first hair cut.
I couldn't get Zahra to stand still for an "after" picture, but you can take my word that she looks pretty.
Thanks, Mary!


1 comment:

  1. Wow she is seriously looking prettier and prettier as the days go by! I can't believe how long her hair was! She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete