Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Genesis

Where to begin the beginning? I guess mostly my desire for a blog these days stems from my little ones and wanting to share stories about their lives with you without having to pick and choose who I send emails to; this way, you can check in whenever you like and see if there's anything new. Not every day of our lives is interesting and I won't always be writing about the kids, but when there is something to share, I think this will be an interesting way to take note of it and share it with those who are interested. I also thought some of you enjoyed the blog I wrote from Zahra's perpective when she was a baby (http://zahradenise.xanga.com/), but I found that POV too difficult to maintain. Also, this is an easy way to share things without having to write all the HTML that Willie did when he made Zahra's website, which, sadly, no longer exists.

I've been reading a blog on the Runner's World website for over a year now (http://babysteps.runnersworld.com/) and find myself looking forward to new posts all the time. This woman is a stranger, but yet, somehow I feel an interesting connection to her because I've been reading her thoughts for months and months. Hopefully this new blog will help you feel more connected to me and can entertain you the way Lisa's blog has done so for me.

Today I can report that things are going well with both little ones. Nothing terribly interesting, however. Zahra got praised at the end of her physical therapy session for being a good listener and following directions well. I'm happy that Zahra enjoys school so much and I hope that she will develop a lifelong affection for learning like her mama. Max, ever the calm and happy baby, has been marvelous at being his usual happy little baby self these days. Both kids have check-ups at Kaiser on Friday, but unfortunately for them, they're both due for immunizations. I have been honest with Zahra and told her to expect a shot, since I always feel bad when they spring one on her without her being made aware first. She's not looking forward to it and has been expressing much apprehension when we've talked about Friday coming up. But I try to keep reminding her that she didn't even cry when she got her flu shot a couple months ago! Plus we get to go to Disneyland afterward, so that should be something she can look forward to doing.

Well, that's probably all for today. Soon I will have new pictures to post here, I promise. Hope you are all doing well and look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment