Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Z-News Daily


On Sunday (April 26), we signed Zahra up for soccer. She’ll start this fall. Practices begin in August and the first game will be right after Labor Day. As soon as we have some pictures of her in her uniform, I’ll be sure to put them up here on the blog. Until practice starts, though, we don’t have much to report yet. Just wanted to keep you updated with a bit of news.

Today (April 28) I can report that Zahra has been telling a lot of knock-knock jokes lately. Except the ones she makes up herself don’t make that much sense yet. But that’s OK. Somehow they are still pretty funny. As in silly-funny. They are just non-sense that makes you laugh because she is trying to make you laugh. I checked out a book of knock-knock jokes from the library today so she could have some fun with them. Her favorite joke was the following:

“Knock, knock.”
“Who’s there?”
“Justice.”
“Justice who?”
“Justice I thought. No one is home.”
She cracked up at that one like it was the funniest thing she’s every heard. Little kid humor is pretty cute. If I can transcribe one or two of her original jokes, I'll try to include them here so you can see what I mean about the silly-funniness of them and how they don't really make sense but are still fun anyway.

1 comment:

  1. You should get her some laffy taffy's! I absolutely love those jokes and everyone at ceridian made fun of me because i would keep my favorite ones in my drawer! :)

    ReplyDelete