Thursday, October 1, 2009

Max Pack

Look at the sleepy little guy. (Sometimes Willie calls him "Max Pack.") I usually lay him down in the middle of the crib and cover him up with that blanket that Auntie Colleen made for him. Somehow, he scoots in his sleep so that his head is tucked in the corner.

I hope I don't jinx myself here. But I feel it's worth sharing. After all the trouble we went through the other night, with Max waking up 6 times... last night was much better. He went to sleep and didn't wake up until 7 hours later! Woo-hoo.

Yesterday was Back to School Night at Golden View so Willie and I walked over there to meet with Zahra's teacher. She went over things like the daily schedule, skills she expects them to have and things they will be learning this year, parent/teacher conferences, reading incentive programs, homework, stuff like that. After we finished with the school stuff, we decided we wanted dessert. So we took the kids to Golden Spoon and got some frozen yogurt. Then we went by Willie's muay thai facility (they moved to a new location and it's really nice). After we got home, I got Max to sleep around 9:30. Zahra had taken a nap that afternoon so she wasn't tired and didn't go to bed until almost 11. (She's probably really tired today, unfortunately). The little guy slept without a peep until 4:30 this morning. After nursing, he slept from 5 o'clock on, until we had to go downstairs. I was going to leave him in his crib and let him sleep until Grandma came over to watch him (since I volunteered again this morning). Zahra said I should take him downstairs with us in case he woke up and felt lonely. I thought that was nice of her to think of him like that, so I took him out of the crib and brought him with us. He woke up cranky. Luckily, the doorbell rang just then and Grandma was there to console him as I fixed Zahra's hair and got her lunch ready.
If Max could talk, I think he'd be asking,
"Why are you looking at me and not picking me up? I don't understand."

Now that he can pull himself up on the bars, he likes to cruise along.

There's my happy little guy.

And although it is October first, it's HOT!
(Thus the cool little Aloha shirt and short set.)
All summer long, things were pretty cool along the coast here. Mild and not too hot. But now, the typical Indian summer and Santa Ana winds have begun in earnest. Right now, it's 86 degrees outside! Above, the picture of Max shows him intently watching all the cars go by, zooming down Edwards street, in front of the house. I couldn't get him to look at the camera because the cars were too interesting.





2 comments:

  1. Max looks handsome in his Aloha attire. I knew he would! Nana-Mommy

    ReplyDelete