Friday, May 15, 2009

Cereal

Max started solids today. He did remarkably well. I expected most of the brown rice cereal to end up all over his face and his bib, but he actually ate most of what I gave him. (I really didn't expect much of it to actually be swallowed.) He even seemed to want more. Of course he made some strange expressions, like, "What is this stuff in my mouth?" and "I'm not quite sure I think I like this, but I'll swallow it down anyway." But it was cute to watch him make little chewing motions and swallow most of what came off the spoon. Our little boy is getting bigger every day!
Though it looks like most of the food ended up on his face here, this doesn't really show the whole story. He probably ate a whole quarter-cup of the cereal mixture. Not a bad amount for a little guy's first time eating something besides milk!

There were a couple times he got really excited and seemed to enjoy the whole eating process. He actually squealed. Yes, squealed.
We think he might turn out to be a big eater.
Another new and different experience than with sister. She was never a big baby-food eater. She kind of seemed to skip right to finger foods.


See? Doesn't he look like he's having a good time?
Truly, this was more like his expression most of the time. Kind of unsure of what to think about the whole new experience.

Oh, and one more note on Max's milestones...
He rolls over now!




1 comment:

  1. Pictures are worth a thousand words...and seeing him in person is priceless! He's perfect to be a poster baby for this cereal! -- Nana-Mommy

    ReplyDelete