Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dancing Maxwell

Almost any time Max hears music, he begins to dance. Well, what our family calls dancing, anyway. Usually, if he's seated, he'll move his body like you can see in the video. Yesterday, when Zahra came home from school, she was playing with this mascot toy from Ohio State. (We have absolutely no idea how it ended up in our house.) It alternates between the music you hear in the video and a cheer that spells out "O! H! I! O!" with a crowd cheering in the background. Anyway, as you can see, Max really enjoyed it.

So today, I turn on the car and music from the radio comes on pretty loud. I'm in the front seat and Max is buckled up in his car seat, directly behind me. Some random hip-hop song that had a pretty decent beat is playing through the speakers. Then I'm backing out of the garage, and I turn and look over my shoulder to make sure my path is clear. What I immediately notice is that Max's car seat is bouncing with the beat. And although I could not see what he was doing (his toddler seat is still rear-facing), I knew he was dancing and that's what was causing the seat to move. It was hilarious. You probably had to be there to fully appreciate how funny this was, but I felt it was worth sharing the story anyhow. So now I wonder how many times has he been dancing in the back seat, as I'm driving along, totally unaware up in the front seat.

1 comment: