Monday, November 30, 2009

Toddling, Part I

About two weeks ago, Max started taking his first steps. Of course, at first it was two or three quick steps from one point to another, falling into open arms or getting quickly to something he could hold on to. Now, he's pretty confident at walking around and is happy to explore new surroundings while on two feet. He still falls a lot and crawls around when he wants to get somewhere really quickly. Even when he falls, he seems to take it in stride, like it's just a small obstacle to overcome. I just love the look of satisfaction on his face while he's walking toward me. He really seems to get a kick out of it and it is fun to watch, over and over.

So he was technically 10 months old when he started walking. He recently had his 11 month birthday, so we're counting down the days until he turns 1 (on December 26th). So many things are different with Max. Zahra didn't walk until she was 18 months old, so she began quite a bit later. It's amazing how they are each such individuals. You never can tell what will happen...

(I apologize for the rather poor quality of the videos. I took them by myself, but I should have done it when there was someone around to help be the "post" Max was walking toward and I could do the camera work. But in the end, you can get the idea and see how he's doing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment