Sunday, November 1, 2009

Kids in Costumes

These first two pictures were cute but I couldn't get them to rotate! Dumb computer. (Maybe I will try to re-post them another time, but right now I'm just going to leave them oriented wrong. Sorry. I'm tired.) We took these two pictures when we bought the costumes in early October and they came out better than some of the ones actually taken on Halloween, so I thought I'd include them.
Every year at Golden View, the kids get to wear their Halloween costumes for a parade at school. So on Friday (October 30), we walked Zahra to school in her costume. The kids walk around and everyone gets to see what they are dressed up as... after this, the kids went inside and took a picture and then had to change out of their stuff so they could do schoolwork without the distractions.

Annabelle, one of Zahra's classmates, had the same costume!
A picture with the Good Witch (a.k.a. Mrs. Conton)
Waiting in line while the costume parade went by
... not sure why SuperGirl is scowling at Raggedy Ann
A class picture in Room 4

A shot so you could see the cape,
taken around 6 o'clock on Halloween,
right before we left to go trick-or-treating...
My SuperKids!

Even little SuperMan gets tired sometimes...
Max fell asleep while we were out trick-or-treating.
Overall, I'd have to report that Zahra had a fabulous time this year. She seemed SO excited to go out and she bounced along as we walked from house to house. It didn't take long for her little pumpkin bucket to get filled up with candy since so many of the houses were really generous. We went out at 6, just as it was getting dark and came back home around 7:30. We were definitely the first trick-or-treaters to show up to some of the houses we went to... We also had the little girl from next door, who is 7 and one of Zahra's friends, go with us. I think having a companion to go up to each door was an added bonus for Zahra. We took Max up a couple times but mostly he watched from the stroller.
All right. Well, I could probably add a little more, but like I said, I'm tired now.... I'm adding this commentary at 9 PM on Monday night, so now I've got to get Zahra upstairs in to the bathtub and storytime. Good night.








3 comments:

  1. When Superkids' grandpa was a very little kid he got "tired" half way around the block when he was trick or treating. Might he have been a little bit scared instead? Can hardly wait to come see you all dressed up in person and to share some of that candy! Auntie Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see them on Halloween night. And yes, Zahra was soooo excited. Max and Zahra were just adorable in their costumes. It was great to be there with them this weekend. -- Nana-Mommy

    ReplyDelete